Thursday, February 07, 2008

Trip Update

We made it home from Cali on Sunday night, but I've been heading to bed so soon after work I haven't taken the time or energy to blog. Here's a quick rundown of the trip, I'll post pictures as soon as I find the wire used to connect my camera to the computer (It is somewhere in the luggage)

We arrived in So Cal about 3 hours later than we were scheduled to arrive which means we didn't get to my parent's place until 4:30 AM! We were exhausted but since it was so close to morning we just stayed up. Unfortunately our luggage did not arrive with us so we didn't have the option of taking a refreshing shower and changing out of the clothes we had been in for close to 24 hours. That first day was low-key but nice, we hung out at the house and then had some yummy Mexican food.

Tuesday I woke up with a tight chest and cough. I just wasn't feeling right, but tried to fake it. As the day went on however I felt worse and worse. We took my temp in the early after noon, it was at 101.7 and rising. By the time I saw the nurse at the urgent care center it was up to 102.9 and I was miserable. I got a couple of shots in the butt, a couple of prescriptions and headed back home to the couch where I remained for the next 3 dayys! So much for our great California tour. Rob joined me on the couch on Thursday with a 100.7 temp. Basically our entire trip was spent in one room of my parent's home.

I was feeling a little better on Saturday and thankfully was able to go to Nana's party. It was great seeing my cousins and aunt and uncles. 5 out of 6 of the cousins were there and 3 out of Nana's 4 kids was there. We had a great time catching up and looking at old family pictures. (Most of the pics I'll be posting are from this party) Rob was still running a little temp so he skipped the party, he didn't think it would be wise to go to a nursing home with a fever. I agreed. Shortly after we got home from the party Paul and Jenn, our good friends from San Diego came up to see us. Paul is Rob's "brother from another mother". It was such a blessing to spend a few hours with them. We had a great time sharing with eachother and praying together. Rob and I spent most of the time trying to talk them into moving up to Presque Isle. We'll see if it works. They want to come visit this summer.

I'll try to post the pictures tonight after choir. Thanks for all of the prayers while we were gone.

3 comments:

Christa said...

Glad you are back, though I wish you would have felt better while there:)

Mary Y said...

Hi Heather! I don't know if you remember me or not, but I wanted to drop by and say "Hi"! This is Mary, Nicole's friend from High School in Sacramento, and I found your blog through Nicole's blog.

I just started a blog this week:
http://myerkes.blogspot.com/

I'm glad to hear everything is going well! (Sorry you were sick while here in California though.)

Anyway, I just wanted to say "Hello!"

In Christ,
Mary Yerkes

Shelly Marie Condon said...

If only I had expanded my prayer cover to physical health...and prayed against fevers... LOL

I'm so glad your home safe and sound... and for the most part on the mend... I can't wait to see the pictures from the party!!!