Sunday, July 15, 2007

Wait

Tomorrow ends another two week wait. How am I feeling about it? Numb. Half of me is completely excited about the fact that this could be the end of the journey, the other half is completely scared that this is just going to lead to disappointment. So to keep these two halves from driving me crazy I've gone numb.

Last night at church a friend shared something with me that I had not thought about before. This friend is going through this same situation so she shared what someone else had shared with her. If Sarah had been blessed with a child right away, without having to wait until she and Abraham were old, Issac would have been too old for Rebekah. God's timing is perfect. So we just need to trust Him and His timing.

So once again it all goes back to Psalm 27: 14 "Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart that courage; Yes, wait for the Lord." So that's what I'm going to do. Wait.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi my friend. We're home...you've been on my heart and mind. Working tomorrow? Call me. Trusting with you, and waiting with you...

Anonymous said...

Love you!

Cole