Thursday, July 19, 2007

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Romans 4:21 tells us that Abraham was, "being fully assured that what He (God) had promised, He was able also to perform." While I, unlike Abraham, wavered in unbelief, I too can now say with out a doubt say that what God had promised, He was able to perform. For you see - about 9 hours I ago I heard the words so many have been praying I would hear: "Congratulations, you are pregnant." I'm pregnant. I am PREGNANT. I AM PREGNANT!!!!!!!! Even typing it is making me cry. I can't believe that God was so incredibly faithful even when I was not. He is so good!

I didn't post about my blood test on Monday because I woke up thinking that my period was starting and there was no need to do the test. Several days, and several negative home pregnancy tests later I went in today for a blood test just to set my mind at ease. Not to convince me that I was pregnant, because I didn't think I was. I wanted definative proof that I was not pregnant so each time that thought entered my mind I could combat it with what I thought was truth. Praise God I was wrong! Cause did you hear?? I'm pregnant!

Now that it's almost time for bed, I'm replaying the day in my mind. The thing that stands out to me besides the obvious is just how God has surrounded Rob and I with friends and family that have faithfully stood in the gap to pray for us over the years. Each time we told someone today, God reminded me of the way that person has prayed for us, encouraged us, cried with us and loved us. Each and every person displayed God's love to us and for us. Thank you to each and every one of you that has prayed for us, your ministry of prayer has touched us more than I can say.

I must ask you to continue to pray for our child. My hormone levels were low on the blood test. So please join us as we pray that these levels would increase to a healthy level. I'll keep you posted. Once again I must say it...GOD IS GOOD!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Kids are goofy. - Shannon

Elizabeth said...

Our God is faithful to His promises. He is so good!! I love you, friend!! Sweet dreams.

Mommy of Four said...

I have seen you mentioned on Elizabeth's site, and I have looked at your site a few times, and your story has kept me interested...I found tears blurring my eyes as I read Elizabeth's post announcing your joy, and found even more of them as I read your own post. God certainly is a God of faithfulness and mercy! How wonderful to be so richly blessed after so long of waiting! I just want to encourage you, too, to not fret about the low hormones: every woman's body is made differently, and even "low" levels can be normal for one person. I am on my third pregnancy, and with EACH one I have had such low levels that my blood tests were STILL coming back as "negative" (they are considered negative if the counts come back as less than 5 MIUs) even after my period was late (all three times!!!). I was less than ONE MIU these last two pregnancies the day after my missed periods. But, alas, I have two healthy children despite my "low" levels:) Not to mention, they were pretty huge at birth! Don't let doctors/books/websites/message boards/well-meaning friends worry you about your levels though! You may just be another mom like myself who doesn't have the "textbook" body or pregnancy (let's face it, how many women actually DO?). I'm praying God's hand of protection over both yourself and your new litle miracle. God bless!

Angela said...

Praise the Lord!!! He IS faithful!
Oh- so excited for you and I don't even know you! But I do know the feeling! I experienced it exactly one year ago! So I rejoice with you, sister in Christ!
I will keep you and your baby in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hello my Sister... I can't even begin to tell you how overjoyed Darren and I are for you guys... Praise the Lord!!!!! there is power in prayer... I can't even imagine how high your heart is soaring right now...... I find encouragement today through the blessing our Father has given to you.... we love you guys so much ... know that a multitude of prayers are still being lifted up for you, Rob and baby Kavanaugh... Shelly

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and may the Lord continue to bless all three of you as you continue on. God is faithful! We will continue to keep you in prayer:)
Christa and Mike Waugh

Christa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

Praise the Lord!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo excited for you, Heather!! I will be praying for you, your husband and sweet little baby!! YAY!!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Heather!!!! I checked your blog, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to see your results and was so sadden by no response. I prayed for you and Rob that God would comfort you in this time. And then Kristin told me this morning!!! Oh I am so happy for you! God is so good.

Anonymous said...

Heather - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We are so happy for you, and are so so so excited for you! We will be praying for you and your family, and wish nothing but joy for you all!! - Zachary & Holly Cain