Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Wait Has Ended

Psalm 34:18 promises; "The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit." That is how I'm feeling this morning and I desperately need my Lord near me.

While my natural desire is to curl up in bed and hide for a while, I am choosing to focus on my Savior, my Healer, my Creator...my Abba.

Psalm 61: 5-8
My soul, wait in silence for God alone. For my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken. On God my salvation and my glory rest; the rock of my salvation, my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay strong and light is just further down the tunnel!!

Love you,
Cole

Anonymous said...

Heather, my heart feels for you this morning. May you find encouragement in these words.

1Peter 1:3-9
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,4to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you,5who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.6In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials,7so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.8Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory,9obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

I'm in PI right now. Do you want to get together?

Heather said...

Thanks for the encouragement girls. I'd love to do coffee or something Bethany. Give me a call or stop into Maurice's at the mall (I'm working all weekend).

Elizabeth said...

Hi my dear friend. My heart hurt for you when I discovered this post. I will trust Him at all times alongside of you, and I am praying for a sweet spirit of rest and contentment for you this weekend.