Thursday, June 07, 2007

There's a light at the end of the tunnel

I've heard this song many times before but seeing it with these images totally changed the song for me. I had never thought about the words of the song applying to this part of my life, and yet how well they fit!

A few weeks ago at our Women's Prayer Retreat, I asked the Lord to give me a new word to help me deal with the whole 'baby thing'. His response? "I already gave you a word! Now just be patient and praise me while you wait!!" OK, so I'm paraphrasing a little, but that was the gist of His message for me.

So yesterday when we went in for another IUI, I found myself excited, praising Him for encouraging me with a peek at my clearly formed ovary, perfectly positioned uterus and 8 nicely developing follicles. In the past when we went in for this procedure I was nervous, not about the procedure but about the outcome. This time I feel a real peace. I truly feel that there is a light at the end of this tunnel!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, this was a blessing to me today! Isn't it amazing to look over our lives and see God's amazing grace extended to us. And how through this trial He is creating in us steadfastness, and deep trust in His sovereignty. I am praying for you and this procedure! May your hope be in Christ alone!

Elizabeth said...

I love how you know that the Lord has been clearly speaking to you throughout this "tunnel". Because He is faithful to the promises He makes, and you've heard His promise, you can hold on to that as you wait.

I pray as you wait, that you continue to find your identity in Him, and not in your situation.

I love you...I'm staying beside you in prayer all along this journey, my friend.

Heather said...

Thank you both for the encouragement and the prayers. Friendships like yours are definately a part of God's provision through this journey.

Bethany, I have been and will continue to pray for you and Josh as you continue this journey. May we never forget the sweet lessons the Lord is teaching us.

Elizabeth, thank you for being so firm in your resolve to stand beside me through all of this, I appreciate your prayers and that you allow me to be COMPLETELY honest about all of it! Thanks. I love you too!!!!