Tuesday, October 03, 2006

An explanation

"A Journey Toward Hope," the title of this blog, sums up my walk with the Lord. My journey with Him has been one out of despair, and hopelessness into a hope resting upon Him; His love, His faithfulness, His trustworthiness, His gentleness, His forgiveness.

Hope for me was once a "four letter" word. To hope was to set yourself up for disappointment, and I learned at a young age that I did not like the pain that came with disappointment, so my solution was to give up hope. I no longer allowed myself to get excited about the things that could be, only the things that are guaranteed to happen. As we all know, there are very few guarantees in life, so I did not get excited all that often.

It has taken me a long time to learn that hope is not a bad thing, as long as I place my hope in the right things, namely my Heavenly Father, my Abba. And in trusting Him, He has traded the ashes of hopelessness I brought to Him, with a beautiful garland of HOPE!


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yay! you're on blogger and you're no longer a slogger!! :) I miss you, my friend, but I'm excited that you're back! We must get together soon. Is Rob going to the Mens' prayer summit? If he is, you should come over sometime on the weekend...Michelle and her girls will be here from Sussex 'cause Adam's going to the Summit.

I've missed you!

Heather said...

Yes, Rob's going. I would love to get together sometime!