Monday, March 16, 2009

Hope Renewed

Earlier today Rob and I made a step toward picking up hope once again. For the first time since we began our journey nearly seven years ago, we met with a Dr. at a fertility clinic. I had very mixed emotions about this visit. Part of me was excited to see what treatment opinions were available to us. The other part of me was fearing that my worst nightmare would be realized. That we would meet with the Dr and be told that there was no hope for us, that we would not be able to have children of our own.

After more than an hour and a half of meeting with the Dr., discussing insurance coverage, and scheduling tests and training sessions here is where we stand. I'm going to have several verious tests done on my blood and Rob will have another one of his tests, based on these results we will either be starting on injectable meds and IUI's (the training sessions are to teach us how to do the injections) or we will have to reevaluate our situation and most likely start looking into adoption. All of these tests and training sessions should be completed by the end of the month, so as long as the tests come back OK we could be starting up with the meds as soon as the 3rd or 4th week in April. I'll keep you posted on how the tests go. Please continue to pray for us. Your prayers and God's grace are all that keep us going so we are more than grateful to each of you that have held us up for so long. Thank you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you my dear friend......by the way I really miss you!!! How is life in NC?

Elizabeth said...

So glad to see another little glimpse into your heart, my friend....and I know this area of your heart is so far from little! I will keep it near to mine in prayer, and I look forward to hearing how the Lord reveals His plan to both of you...and celebrating with you as you discover it. Love you!

Karen Parrish said...

We are praying for you, too! I'm glad to hear things are moving forward for you all! I'm so excited for you.

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

I love the title of this post, Heather. Hold on to that hope!