Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Homemade Christmas Memories

In my last post I mentioned that Rob and I decided to have a homemade Christmas this year. We decided that since there was nothing we really wanted or for that matter needed, we would save our money so we could have some fun out in California in January. The presents we made are far more meaningful than anything we could have purchased and have helped us keep our focus on Christ rather than ourselves.

Here is what we made:


I did my very first watercolor painting inspired by our engagement photo and then put Song of Songs 2:16 "My beloved is mine and I am his" in the corner over the rocks.



Rob made me a clock, and he even put a battery in it so it runs (that's an inside joke - I have a small clock collection and Rob made me take out all of the batteries because the ticking drove him crazy). The flower on the clock is a photo my nephew took and the verse is one of my favorites Psalm 27:13-14 "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord: Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord" On the back Rob wrote me a little reminder, "So many times we think our timing is best, but really God's timing is perfect." (There is more to his message but it's mushy stuff) Now each time I look at my clock I will be reminded of my husbands love and God's perfect timing. Overall we have had a blessed Christmas day!

3 comments:

Desert Mom said...

You both did an amazing job on your Christmas gifts to one another.

Nicole

Shelly Marie Condon said...

Those gifts are the heartfelt and touching things in life that you will never forget... they are beautiful... just like the marriage you guys have...

Elizabeth said...

Awesome! That painting turned out so well....and Rob's present to you is amazing!! Thanks for letting us see them, and reminding us how special it is to take the time like this to show one another your love.